New rules for worship services
The State Government has lifted capacity limits for formal worship services only.
- Formal worship services only – allowed at 100% of capacity (as determined by the local council)
- Whilst the formal worship space is being used for formal worship services, the 2m2 rule is not applicable.
- It is important to still make every effort to maintain physical distancing in queues etc.
- All other events, other than formal worship services (including weddings and funerals) – remains subject to the 2m2 rule, and reasonable efforts should be maintained for 1.5m physical distancing.
- Hygiene and cleaning considerations should be maintained.